Friday, October 8, 2010

Another day, another special

A bunch of special trains have come through the Springfield area this summer. The Operation Lifesaver, the circus train, and a couple of inspection specials. It is a great change from the same old same old that I normally see.

I captured the latest one speeding through downtown Springfield. It is crossing the bridge over the Springfield Millrace. The power is another of the Union Pacific's heritage units, the 1983. It is numbered for the year that the UP took over the Western Pacific Railroad. I was told that one of the railroad VPs was onboard, inspecting the property.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Bruce:
    Great footage! This reminded me of when I was a kid and going down to the train depot in Payette, Idaho, to watch the 7:45 pm train to Portland race through (not stop). It did pick up the mail that was in a bag hung on a hook. The train just swept it up.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this video......I like the flag you can see on one side and then the other. and I love the "caboose" The windows are so interesting.
    and I love the audio recording....Maya says she finds it "calming, soothing"
    and I love the end ....clankety clink of the wheels on the tracks.

    ReplyDelete