Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2 BC

A southbound BN train crosses the Crooked River Gorge, near Terrebonne, Oregon in 1995. My friend Matt and I had met in Portland, and were on a road trip back to southern California via the back roads. Even though this line doesn't see many trains, we happened upon a meet between northbound and southbound trains at Madras. We knew that gave us enough time to get ahead of the train and hike in to setup for this shot.

Why title it 2 BC? That's because it happened 2 years before I made the Big Change in my life. My 1995 trip was an exploratory one, knowing that the time to change my life was drawing nearer. In 1997 I started life over again, in Oregon. But, that's a story for another time and place.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is 2 BC (before the Big Change)

    But later ones should (ironically) be titled
    "#" AD (after Donna)

    ReplyDelete